It's time to start afresh

Put on your best outfit, bring out the band-baaja, pop some champegne, grab a hold of the one's you love and welcome 2010 with the biggest, brightest smile and your arms wide open. Happy New Year!! It's the first day of the new year and the world is looking bright and promising.

The new year has always been a special time for me because it signifies the start of something new, the time when you sit back and think of all the things you want to accomplish in your life and also reflect on the year gone by. Many will say that it's just another day... a change in the date, but for me new year's day is filled with promise.. that one day when you think that you can officially conquer the world!

I've had a very ''thanda'' 2009 yet am grateful for what I got and I hope that I can carry the positivity in 2010 as well. I have so much to look forward to... railfanning, coffee sessions, movies, becoming an adult being the highlight of the year. I've spent the last few days largely outdoors; catching up with friends and family, railfanning etc. It was the perfect way to end the year an enter the new one, cocooned by laughter, joy and love of my family!

This year I have decided not to have any resolutions but set more realistic goalposts for the things I wanted to achieve. It's not a plan of action but more of a work in progress report that will help me do the things I want to do. Because of the things I did last year and the people I interacted with last year, there were many interesting facerts to myself that I discovered last year and in 2010, I want to explore these nuances more... push the envelope as much as I can. Overall, things are looking up and there in a palpable air of positivity all around.

While you may or may not believe in the whole concept of the new year, I think somewhere all of us crave for new beginnings, the opportunity to wipe the slate clean and start anew... and to able to scratch off one more things in our life's to-do list! As we all forge ahead into 2010, let's live, laugh and love... wholeheartedly!

Comments

A New Beginning said…
A very happy new year and best wishes to you !!! :)
Samvedna said…
Every year brings with it new challenges and opportunities. May you rise up to the challenges and capitalize on the opportunities. My best wishes for a happy and healthy 2010.
Wonderful message Akshay! May all your dreams come true. God bless! :)
Happy new year!
nice post:)and as u said...everyone craves for a new beginning...very true...
happy new year..have lots of fun!:)
Charnita said…
"While you may or may not believe in the whole concept of the new year, I think somewhere all of us crave for new beginnings, the opportunity to wipe the slate clean and start anew... and to able to scratch off one more things in our life's to-do list! As we all forge ahead into 2010, let's live, laugh and love... wholeheartedly!"

Now that is so revitalizing:)

This is how I want to wish you a happening-happy new year:

http://perfectlifespotters.blogspot.com/2009/12/personal-message-from-universe.html

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Mrityunjaya

Book Review: Mahabharata

Hawa Mahal: A Natural Cooling System