Homeward Bound

It's almost like my internal fuel tank is running on reserve. With only a few litres of energy left, I'm hoping that God and good luck will see me through the next 24 hours! After that, the world will change for me... because, starting Monday morning, I'm taking my first real holiday in over one-and-a-half years!

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go and I'm excited that if there's a chance I'll ask the motorman to let me drive the train so I can get home faster! I get back home to Bangalore this Monday morning after being away for more than one-and-a-half years and I just cannot wait to get back there. I have an action-packed vacation in Bangalore that begins almost the minute I board the train. But, there are a few things I want to do before I get to Bangalore.

I want to give my mom a big hug and spend some quality time catching up. I'll really miss her. I want to call my closest friends and give them a hug as well because I missed them too. I wish to catch up with my aunt and cousins and give them a hug because I missed them and also because they are all waiting with big lists of things I HAVE to do now that I'm back. Then, there's Nakul, my brother, who will get a tight hug because I heard he's missed me the most! Heck... I think I'm just going there to hug everyone I see.. I'm that excited to be going back home! At this rate, they'll probably throw me off the train (forget rescuing me!)

Common sense took over (not to forget some very apprehensive parents and friends) and the plans for the holiday were magically put together. And now suddenly... I will have days where every minute, hour and day is mine... to do what I please! The anticipation is highly infectious and I can honestly admit that no matter how much I loved every moment of what I was doing, I needed this and more importantly, I owed myself this!!

My last week in Mumbai has been a lot of fun and a lot of work as well. I had to make sure I visited a relative as planned and also the sultry weather was making it a bit difficult. But I managed it and that ladies and gentlemen is a temporary wrap of my blogging for now. I needed this and more importantly, I owed myself this! So, adios amigos... for now... see you on the other side... refreshed and renewed!!! I'll sign off for now and head to the railway station.... home is calling!!


Comments

A New Beginning said…
Have loads and loads of fun Akshay and come back refreshed!!!Im sure you'll have a great time :)
Your blogger friends will wait for your come back!!!!
Adios!!
Manasa said…
One and a half years? That's a hell of a long time. I hope you have a great time at home! I know you will. What am I saying.

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Mrityunjaya

Book Review: Mahabharata

Hawa Mahal: A Natural Cooling System