Birthday Insights

"What kind of birthday person are you?" It's a simple question which surprisingly not many have an answer for. Let me explain. I am simply asking you to describe the kind of person you become at these times-- 1) a week before your birthday 2) the eve before your birthday 3) and most importantly, on the day of your birthday. The reason: it's strange, but I do believe that people do have a certain hidden "birthday personality".

There are many kinds... excited, sad, confused and all those in denial !! It's almost like figuring out what kind of 'drunk' your friends are! Not to sound rude but don't we all know which person in the group is likely to pass out after a night of hardcore partying or the one that will weep throughout the evening about issues you've never heard of... it's crucial information admit it!! It can make or break an evening of fun!

In a similar sense, it's very important to understand what kind of 'birthday person' your friends and family are, mainly because it will allow you to make their birthday and what they want it to be. For example, if it's an excited, 'hey-it's my birthday' kind be warned... you'd better be ready with well thought out birthday plans and gifts, because you will completely ruin their mood if it's not up to their expectations.

If they're the confused kind... then be warned even more... because you will feel like you're being dragged down with a mountain, with just your socks for protection....aarrrgghhh... The easiest lot to deal with are those in denial (who wants to be a year older is their theory)... so even if you forget their birthday... they won't be upset !!

I'm celebrating my seventeenth birthday on Thursday and I am the one who lives in the denial kind of personality. I'm super-excited but I'll never do something for myself. However, I do not even expect people to do something I love to do and surprise me with it. BUT, I won't ever give them even a little hint of what I want (except writing about it on a blog in an Internet portal...hmmm) and then I'll really feel bad and let down if nothing happens. Eeeeks, that sounds scary.

Anyways, I've got four days more to go for my seventeenth birthday and (hopefully, someone's planned something for me... hint, hint)! As of now, I have no plans in particular... just being me around with people who love being with me!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Mrityunjaya

Book Review: Mahabharata

Hawa Mahal: A Natural Cooling System