Christmas: The season of giving

Tis the season to be jolly... and to ponder whether you've been naughty or nice! Merry Christmas everyone. It's the time of the year when we're all looking forward to the dawn of a new day... the decorations are out and so is all the finery... with everyone making plans for a spectacular entry into the new year!

Christmas for me has always been the season of giving and joy... the season of Santa Claus, Christmas carols, gifts around the Christmas trees and Christmas dances, celebrations and loads of yummy, yummy food. It's also a time when family and friends come together. The feeling at this time of the year in the two weeks that lead into Christmas and new year is indescribable... it's warm and fuzzy yet exciting.. it's rushed and action-packed yet relaxed... it's time of reflection... yet a time to look forward for new beginnings!

At this time of the year, I cease to be Akshay... literally! I am Santa Claus... in my head and in my behaviour! It's now a family legend and part of our folklore! I love giving gifts (and also getting them, mind you!) and so this time of the year gives me a great reason to go out and shower everyone I love with gifts! I love the process... making lists, deciding a gift for each and everyone (personalisation is the key here), getting them wrapped specially and best of all... seeing the faces when they open their gifts on Christmas day! The only "Santa" things I don't do is slither down chimneys and ride a reindeer sled (no matter how I much wanted to)!

So now... stop reading this... turn on some good "Christmas-y" music, open the gifts lying under the tree and look forward for a smashing 2010!

Comments

A New Beginning said…
Best wishes for a great year ahead Akshay!!!!!
Ho ho ho! Happy Christmas Akshay! And a very happy new year too:)

That was a cute post and I think giving personalized gifts to everyone is very thoughtful :)

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Mrityunjaya

Book Review: Mahabharata

Hawa Mahal: A Natural Cooling System